Free patient and visitor Wi-Fi
As part of our commitment to provide Outstanding Care, Every Time to our patients, from January 2019 all patients and visitors can access free Wi-Fi at St George’s Hospital.
The Wi-Fi service is listed as nhsfreewifi in the list of Wi-Fi networks on mobile devices.
The service requires a patient or visitor to register with an email address to enable access.
On verification of a valid email address, devices that support Wi-Fi and have a modern browser will be able to connect, for example:
- tablets – iPads, Android or Microsoft
- smartphones of most types
- laptops with Apple or Microsoft operating systems
- some games consoles.
Allowing internet access on mobile devices will help people keep in touch with their family, friends and loved ones during what can often be a stressful time.
It will also help provides patients with a way of finding directions, accessing healthcare information, getting details about public transport or just staying in touch with other parts of their life while waiting to be seen or treated.
Access to WiFi services
We will take all practical steps to provide the Wi-Fi service to all patients at all times. However please be aware that:
- St George’s NHS Hospitals Foundation Trust (“the Trust”) does not guarantee that the service will be available at all times.
- The Trust does not guarantee that access to WiFi will be uninterrupted, error-free, or free of viruses or other harmful components.
- The Trust also does not guarantee that the service will be compatible with your equipment
Monitoring and Privacy
- Submitted information: the information you provide when you login – your email address
- Additional information: visited websites, surveys responded to, transactions made (they do not collect information used to make financial transactions)
- Device information info about the device (mobile phone, tablet, laptop) you are using
- Location information: if location is enabled, information on where you have been
- Network information: IP addresses, ISPs, clickstream data, browser type, language, viewed and exited pages, date and time stamps.
St George’s NHS Hospitals Foundation Trust may disclose such information to other people or organisations and where reasonable in relation to the investigation of any suspected or alleged criminal or civil offence and in accordance with GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018.
Use of the services with your equipment and data is entirely at your own risk, and the Trust does not accept any liability for any loss of or damage to equipment and data (including, without limitation, indirect and consequential loss) that may arise through the use of the free WiFi services
The Trust does not accept responsibility for the privacy or security of your activities. It is your responsibility to provide adequate security for your equipment, including antivirus software.
The Trust is not responsible for the safety, security, configuration or integrity of any of your equipment or data used to access the WiFi services.