Finding your ward
- Please go straight to the ward shown in your admission letter
- In the main entrance (Grosvenor Wing) there is a ward list which will help you find your way.
- When you arrive at the wing, you will the see the indicator board by the lifts. This will tell you on which floor your ward is located. The exception is Knightsbridge Wing where wards and departments are signposted along the corridors.
- If you are not sure where to go, please ask for directions at the Information Desk in the main entrance
- If you arrive by ambulance, please ask to go to the Patient Transport Office, opposite the reception desk in the main entrance, where we can arrange for you to be taken to your ward.
Will I be on a single sex or mixed sex ward?
Every patient has the right to receive high quality care that is safe, effective and respects their privacy and dignity. Out patients should not normally have to share sleeping accommodation or washing and toilet facilities with members of the opposite sex. This applies to all areas of hospital care, but on some occasions we might need to make an exception (for example, for some emergency admissions and in critical care). The Department of Health has very clear guidelines about this that we follow closely. To find out more about these guidelines, visit The Department of Health website
Children will be cared for on wards appropriate for their stage and development. This can be agreed depending on the needs of the individual patient.
Meals are usually served on the wards around the following times:
- Breakfast 08.00am
- Lunch 12.00pm
- Dinner 18.00pm
To find out more about the ward you will be staying on please check Our Wards page