How to apply
We’re delighted that you have decided to volunteer with St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Please read the information below which explains how our volunteer recruitment process works and what to expect when you apply.
To apply to volunteer at St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust please complete an application form – Application Form
To volunteer with us you must meet the following criteria;
Be 18 years old or over, commit to at least six months volunteering at least three hours per week and living within the local area (Merton or Wandsworth).
- First look at the Current Vacancies to see if there are any that interest you. Once you have decided which volunteer role you would like to apply for you will need to complete a Volunteer Application Form. You can apply for up to three roles at a time by putting your first, second and third choice.
- Unfortunately we cannot accept everyone who completes an application form but we will make every effort to match your experience, interests and availability to the current vacancies. This is done by using a scoring system, it is therefore important to give details about your experience and what you can offer to the volunteer role.
- When you have completed the application form, either email or post it back to – Voluntary Services
St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- If your application is successful you will be contacted to arrange an informal interview. This gives us a chance to find out more about you and for you to find out more about St George’s and the role.
- If you are selected for a role after interview, we will invite you to join the St George’s Volunteers. You will need to complete the same pre-employment checks as paid members of staff. Therefore you must provide two satisfactory references, be cleared by Occupational Health and complete the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. If you have had criminal conviction, caution, reprimand or warning, at any time in your life, you are required to tell us. Failure to do so may result in your application being rejected.
- Once all checks are cleared we will contact you to arrange a start date and to confirm a date for Induction. Please note that the recruitment process takes between six to eight weeks after interview.
If you would like assistance completing the application or would like a paper copy, please contact us on 020 8725 1452.