How to apply
Please note: Due to the on going COVID-19 pandemic, we have closed recruitment until further notice. Please check the website periodically for updates.
We’re delighted that you have decided to volunteer with St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Please read the information below which explains our recruitment process.
To volunteer with us you must meet the following criteria;
- Be 18 years old or over
- Commit to at least six months volunteering at least three hours per week
- Live within the local area (Boroughs of Merton or Wandsworth)
- First look at the Current Vacancies page. You will need to complete a Volunteer Application Form to apply. You can put your put your first, second and third choice of role. Please only apply for a role that matches your availability
- Unfortunately we cannot accept everyone who completes an application form but we will make every effort to match your experience, interests and availability to the current vacancies. This is done by using a scoring system, we are looking for people who have read and understood the role description, it is therefore important to give details about your experience and what you can offer to the volunteer role
- When you have completed the application form, either email or post it back to – Voluntary Services
St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Email: Voluntary.Services@stgeorges.nhs.uk
- If your application is successful you will be contacted to arrange an informal interview. This gives us a chance to find out more about you and for you to find out more about St George’s and the role
- If you are selected for a role after interview, we will invite you to join the St George’s Volunteers. You will need to complete the same pre-employment checks as paid members of staff. Therefore you must provide two references, be cleared by Occupational Health and complete the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. If you have had a criminal conviction, caution, reprimand or warning, at any time in your life, you are required to tell us. Failure to do so may result in your application being rejected
- Once all checks are cleared we will contact you to confirm a date for Induction and arrange a start date. Please note that the recruitment process takes between six to eight weeks after interview
If you would like assistance completing the application or would like a paper copy, please contact us.