On this page:
Based at Queen Mary’s hospital for more than 30 years, the Orthotic Clinical Service aims to provide a comprehensive orthotic service to aid movement, correct deformity and relieve discomfort. The team specialises in complex rehabilitation problems, many of which require a multidisciplinary approach. We have the benefit of an on site workshop for manufacture and maintenance of orthotic products.
The clinical service is provided in a range of locations including Queen Mary’s Hospital, Special Needs schools in Wandsworth, and at specialist clinics at St George’s Hospital.
020 8487 6055
020 8487 6056
020 8487 6033
Office hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am – 12.30pm and 1.30pm - 4.30pm
- CAD/CAM foot orthoses
- Modular and custom made footwear
- Knee bracing
- Diabetic Foot Care:
- Pressure relieving foot orthoses
- Modular and custom footwear
- Charcot restraint orthotic walker
- Spinal Bracing:
- Complex walking orthoses:
- Ankle Foot Orthoses (AFO): carbon fibre, cosmetic and conventional
- Knee Ankle Foot Orthoses: (KAFO): carbon fibre, cosmetic and conventional
- Stance Control KAFO: Full range available including Emag, Freewalk, Full-Stride, Safety-Stride and Horton designs
- Simon Lalor, Clinical Lead Orthotist
- Chris Cody, Senior Orthotist
- Su Ryan, Clinical Team Leader Rehabilitation Services
Referrals are accepted from members of the allied health team, GP's and consultants.
Referral forms are available from the Orthotics service and here:
Please complete the referral form and post it to:
Queen Mary's Hospital
Referrals can also be emailed to: email@example.com
The Orthotic Clinical Service at Queen Mary's Hospital is linked directly with the Prosthetics Department with direct access to the workshop technicians and essential machinery for onsite modifications and adaptations. The service works closely with Queen Mary’s rehabilitation team which includes the physiotherapists, consultants and podiatrists to ensure the best pathways and treatment programs in order to achieve the best possible outcomes and patient experience.
The Orthotic clinical service at St George's Hospital covers inpatients and outpatients who have been directly referred by one of the St George's Hospital Consultants.