On this page:
The orthotics department is based at Queen Mary’s hospital in Roehampton. The department has seen a lot of improvements and changes since it first opened more than 30 years ago. The Orthotic Clinical Service aims to provide a comprehensive inpatient and outpatient orthotic service to aid movement, correct deformity and relieve discomfort. The team specialises in complex rehabilitation problems for patients with musculoskeletal, degenerative and/or neuromuscular problems; many of which utilise our large range of multidisciplinary teams.
We also have the benefit of an on-site workshop with dedicated highly skilled orthotic technicians for the manufacture of custom-made orthoses and maintenance of orthotic products.
You can contact the orthotics office during our opening hours via telephone on 020 8487 6055/ 6056/ 6033
Alternatively you can contact us via email using firstname.lastname@example.org
• The orthotics office is open between the hours of 8.30am – 4pm (Monday to Friday)
• You can contact the orthotics office via telephone between the hours of 9am – 11am and 1pm – 3pm. If you are unable to get through because the lines are busy, please leave a voicemail.
The service is based primarily at Queen Mary’s Hospital however we do offer orthotic clinical services at a number of different locations depending on the route of referral.
• CAD CAM custom- made insoles
• Orthopaedic footwear
• Ankle foot orthoses (AFOs)
• Knee bracing
• Knee ankle foot orthoses (KAFOs)
• Stance control KAFOs
• Post-operative bracing
• Upper limb splinting
• Pectus carinatum bracing
• Scoliosis bracing
• Custom-made and stock spinal braces
• Werner Herbst, Prosthetics and Orthotics Centre Manager
• Laura Nicholls, Orthotic Clinical Lead
• Emily Spence, Orthotic Clinical Lead Assistant
• Paul Wallington, Administrator Team Lead
• Claire Mackenzie, Senior Orthotist
• Jessica Makwana, Senior Orthotist
• Chloe Calderwood, Orthotist
• Tess Torr, Orthotist
• Michael Battagello, Prosthetist/ Orthotist
• Felicity Carroll, Prosthetist/ Orthotist
• Laura Smith, Prosthetist/ Orthotist
• Laura Underhill, Prosthetist/ Orthotist
We prefer to receive referrals via email to:
Alternatively you can post it to:
Queen Mary’s Hospital
The Orthotic Clinical Service at Queen Mary’s Hospital is linked directly with the Prosthetics Department with direct access to the workshop technicians and essential machinery for onsite modifications and adaptations. The service works closely with Queen Mary’s rehabilitation team which includes the physiotherapists, consultants and podiatrists to ensure the best pathways and treatment programs in order to achieve the best possible outcomes and patient experience.
The Orthotic clinical service at St George’s Hospital covers inpatients and outpatients who have been directly referred by one of the St George’s Hospital Consultants.