On this page:
The endoscopy unit comprises of four procedure rooms, providing facilities for both in-patient and out-patient investigations. The unit offers a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, including gastroscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy, bronchoscopy, ERCP, endoscopic ultrasound and bronchoscopic ultrasound.
The unit is staffed by a team of experienced endoscopy nurses, the nursing staff working in close collaboration with gastroenterologists, gastro-intestinal surgeons and respiratory physicians. All the staff are committed to ensuring that the highest standard of clinical care is delivered. The unit provides a range of educational and training programmes in endoscopy, available to both medical and nursing staff.
The Endoscopy Unit is one of three National Endoscopy Training Centres and houses the SW London Bowel Cancer Screening Centre.
Patient Line 020 8725 1563 / 0771 / 3284 / 3967 between 9am to 4pm
Reception 020 8725 4908
For any urgent enquiries regarding in patient endoscopy, contact the gastroenterology registrar via switchboard
The Unit is open from 08:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday
Enter your postcode into the box above for directions
No routes found The location entered couldn't be found, please check for typo or try a broader search.
Technical error There's been a problem with the Google Map. Please email the communications team and let them know.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy, including EMR (Endoscopic Mucosal Resection) and ESD (Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection)
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Direct Access Flexible sigmoidoscopy for TWR (Two Week Referral) suspected bowel cancer patients
- Diagnostic and therapeutic Upper GI endoscopy
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Choloangiopancreatography)
- EUS and EBUS (Endoscopic Ultrasound & Endobronchial Ultrasound)
- Feeding tube insertion (PEG, (Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy), PEJ
- (Percutaneous Endoscopic Jejunostromy) and nasal bridle)
- BCSS (Bowel Cancer Screening Service), specialist team within the unit providing a screening services with a specialist admin and nursing team that is JAG (Joint Advisory Group) accredited
- Mr Roger Leicester – Director of Endoscopy Services
- Dr Gareth Sadler – Endoscopy Training Lead
- Vicki Hedley – Lead Nurse for Endoscopy Services
- Ann Sanchez – Endoscopy Unit Manager
- Brian Rogers – Endoscopy Programme & QA Manager
- Mariano Scotti – Office Manager