Dr Arani Nitkunan
Secretary: Sharon Marsden
Secretary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary telephone: 020 8725 4683
Dr Nitkunan is a Consultant Neurologist with special interests in Neuro-ophthalmology and Stroke. She runs a weekly neuro-ophthalmology clinic at St George's.
Dr Arani Nitkunan is a consultant neurologist at Croydon University Hospital and St George's Hospital and is an Honorary Senior Lecturer at St George’s, University of London.
She read medicine at Cambridge and Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital, London. After completing her MRCP and general medical training, she was awarded her PhD for stroke research at St George's Hospital, London in 2007. Her neurology training was at St George’s Hospital, the National Hospital for Neurology at Queen Square, London and at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge.
Prizes, memberships and fellowships
- Ivor Levy Prize, UK Neuro-Ophthalmology Special Interest Group, 2014
- Member: Royal College of Physicians – since 2002
- Member: Association of British Neurologists
- Member: British Association of Stroke Physicians
- Member: Medical Institute of Tamils
Dr Nitkunan is based at Croydon University Hospital.