Ms Caroline Hing
Qualifications: MB BS, BSc(Hons), MSc, MD, FRCS, FRCS(Tr&Orth)
- Patellofemoral instability
- Knee arthroscopy
- Soft tissue knee surgery
- General trauma
Miss Caroline Hing completed her specialist rotation in London and was appointed as a consultant at St George’s Hospital in 2010. Caroline Hing has undertaken a number of fellowships which included a knee fellowship at Guy’s & St Thomas’, a lower limb fellowship at the Norfolk & Norwich hospital, and two further lower limb fellowships in Melbourne and Queensland Australia.
She is the editor in chief of the journal ‘The Knee’ and is the co-lead for the South London CRN musculoskeletal division. A well published clinician, Caroline Hing has research interest in anterior knee pain, patellofemoral instability and trauma. She is a member of a number of societies including the British Orthopaedic Association, British Association of Knee Surgeons, the British Trauma Society, and the British Orthopaedic Research Society. She is also a member of the AO faculty, the BOA Education Committee, The BOA Research Committee, The OTS Research Committee and The BASK executive committee. She works closely with the International Orthopaedic Diversity Alliance.
Level 2 clinical excellence award
Lady Estelle Wolfson Emerging Leaders Fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons
Trauma Trials awards NIHR Best Principal Investigator
Norfolk & Norwich Endowment Fund
Watson Farrar Memorial Fund
AO grant for trauma research
ORUK for patellofemoral instability research
St George’s Charity grant for patellar movement in painful TKRs
Arthritis Research UK Metabolic Bone and Musculoskeletal Trauma Clinical Studies group: Workshop Summer Competition
BASK research award
NIHR RfPB PEP-TALK trial
NIHR RfPB STIFF-F trial
Stryker commercial grant for Variax and SPS studies
Arthrex commercial grant for TOOtSI study
Stryker commercial grant for pectineal plates study
Stryker commercial grant for T2 kids
Arthrex commercial grant for PLAfooT
PROMETHEUS programme. PROMETHEUS Group, University of York
AOUK&I R&PD Research Grants
1. Smith TO, Parsons SR, Fordham B,1Ooms AG, Dutton SJ, Hing CB, Barber VS, Png ME, Lamb SE on behalf of the PEP-TALK Trial Collaborators. Behaviour change physiotherapy intervention to increase physical activity following hip and knee replacement (PEP-TALK): study protocol for a pragmatic randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open 2020. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2019-035014
2. CovidSurg Collaborative. Mortality and pulmonary complications in patients undergoing surgery with perioperative SARS-CoV-2 infection: an international cohort study. Accepted for publication The Lancet 13.5.2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(20)31182-X
3. O Krahelski, S Gallivan, CB Hing. Gender balance at the BOA association congress(2014-2018): how well are women represented at orthopaedic conferences? RCS Annals Journal & Bulletin Journal 2020 Accepted for publication 28.4.20
4. Mortality and morbidity of stairlift injuries : analysis of the UK TARN Database. O O’Malley, O Ryan, G Wilson, M Islam, TO Smith, CB Hing. Injury 2020 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.injury.2020.04.004.
5. International Orthopaedic Diversity Alliance. Diversity in Orthopaedic and Traumatology Surgery: a Global Perspective. EFORT Open Reviews Volume 5 2020. DOI: 10.1302/2058-5241.5.200022
6. JA Green, VPC Chye…CB Hing. Diversity: women in orthopaedic surgery – a perspective from the international orthopaedic diversity alliance. Journal of Trauma and Orthopaedics 2020;8:1:44-51
7. CB Hing, G Pattison, R Gregory, F Monsell, J Clarke, L Hadfield-Law, D Eastwood. Diversity and Inclusion in trauma and orthopaedics at the dawn of a new decade. Journal of Trauma and Orthopaedics 2020;8:1:52-54
8. ATV Nguyen, M Al-Shawk, S McNally, CB Hing. Should women do orthopaedics? A topic explored at the Future Women of Orthopaedics event at St George’s University of London. Journal of Trauma and Orthopaedics 2020;8:1:20-21
9. ATV Nguyen, CB Hing, A Trompeter. Less than full time training: being a parent and an orthopaedic trainee. Journal of Trauma and Orthopaedics 2020;8:1:35
10. ML Costa, J Achten …for the WHIST Collaborators. Effect of incisional negative pressure wound therapy vs standard wound dressing on deep surgical site infection after surgery for lower limb fractures associated with major trauma. The WHIST randomised clinical trial. JAMA 2020; 323(6):519-526. doi:10.1001/jama.2020.0059
11. P Beak, M Williamson, B Gabbott, CB Hing. Four Years’ Experience as a Major Trauma Centre Results in No Improvement in Patient Selection for Whole-Body CT Scans following Blunt Trauma. European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology 2019. 10.1007/s00590-019-02592-3
12. HA Mohamed, LD Rose, TO Smith, CB Hing. A retrospective cohort study of five-year admission rates in alcohol intoxicated trauma patients in a level 1 trauma centre. Hong Kong J Orthop Res 2019;2(1):6-12.
13. TO Smith, A Choudhury, R Navratil, CB Hing. Psychometric properties of the Norwich Patellar Instability Score in people with recurrent patellar dislocation. Accepted for publication The Knee 2019.
14. C Demetriou, L Hu, TO Smith, CB Hing. The Hawthorne effect on surgical studies. ANZ Journal of Surgery 2019. https://doi.org/10.1111/ans.15475
15. P Beak, S Moudhgalya, T Anderson, CB Hing. Painful locking screws with tibial nailing, an under-estimated complication. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2019 Jul 16. doi: 10.1007/s00590-019-02501-8.
16. SGF Abram, DJ Beard, CB Hing, AJ Price. Editorial. Evidence update: a summary of new evidence to inform treatment decisions for patients with meniscal lesions. The Knee 2019; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.knee.2019.04.017
17. SGF Abram, DJ Beard, AJ Price, BASK Meniscal Working Group. Arthroscopic meniscal surgery, a National Society treatment guideline and consensus statement. BJJ 2019;101B:652-659
18. O’Malley, AJ Trompeter, S Krishnanandan, M Vesely, P Holt, G Goh, N Papadakos, V Bhatia, CB Hing. How common are vascular injuries in open tibial fractures? A prospective longitudinal cohort study. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol 2019; doi: 10.1007/s00590-019-02416-4
19. A Choudhury, R Lambkin, E Auvinet, F Iranpour, D Tennent, CB Hing, J Cobb. P 004 – patellofemoral arthroplasty improves gait in isolated patellofemoral arthritis, a prospective cohort gait analysis study. Gait and Posture 2018. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2018.06.150
20. SGF Abram, DJ Beard, AJ Price, for the BASK Meniscal Working Group. National consensus on the definition, investigation and classification of meniscal lesions of the knee. The Knee 2018; article in press
21. Sheridan G, Wisken E, Hing CB, Smith TO. A bibliometric analysis assessing temporal changes in publication and authorship characteristics in The Knee from 1996 to 2016. The Knee 2018; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.knee.2018.01.014
22. T Collier, M Roadley-Battinn, C Darlow, P Chant, CB Hing, TO Smith. Analysis of conference abstract-to-publication rate in UK orthopaedic research. BMJ Evidence Based Medicine 2018;23:7-11
23. M Williamson, F Vanacore, CB Hing. Pubic symphysis diastasis sustained from a waterslide injury. Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcot.2018.01.002
24. ML Costa, JA Achten, J Griffin, S Petrou, I Pallister, SE Lamb, NR Parsons, FixDT Trial Investigators. Effect of locking plate fixation vs intramedullary nail fixation on 6 month disability among adults with displaced fractures of the distal tibia. JAMA 2017;318(18):1767-1776.
25. Z Little, TO Smith, SE McMahon, C Cooper, A Trompeter, M Pearse, S Britten, B Rodgers, H Sharma, CB Hing. The treatment pf segmental tibial fractures: does patient preference differ from surgeon choice? Injury 2017;48:10:2306-2310
26. A Kuttapitiya, L Assi, K Laing, CB Hing, P Mitchell, G Whitley, A Harrison, FA Howe, V Ejindu, C Heron, N Sofat. Microanalysis of bone marrow lesions in osteoarthritis demonstrates upregulation of genes implicated in osteochondral turnover, neurogenesis and inflammation. Annals of Rheumatic Diseases 2017;0:1-10. Doi:10.1136/annrheumdis-2017-211396
27. A Kuttapitiya, A Harrison, L Assi, D Christidis, V Ejindu, C Heron, F Howe, CB Hing, P Mitchell, S Bridle, N Sofat. Whole transcriptomic analysis of bone marrow lesions in osteoarthritis demonstrates upregulation of genes implicated in osteochondral turnover, neurogenesis and inflammation. Annals of Rheumatic Diseases 5.6.17
28. M Sagedhi-Naini, MS Sabagh, AH Yamini, F Nakhjavani, B Sivashi, CB Hing. Investigating the therapeutic potential of a probiotic in a rat model for infection following fracture fixation. Asian Journal of Sports Medicine 2017;8:1: DOI: 10.5812/asjsm.40443
29. Assi L, Kuttapitiya, A, Howe F, Heron C, Ejindu V, Harrison A, Hing C, Bridle S, Mitchell P, Sofat N. Painful knee osteoarthritis demonstrated features of pain sensitization that correlate with synovitis detected by magnetic resonance imaging. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 2016, S453
30. A Aframian, TO Smith, DT Tennent, JP Cobb, CB Hing. Origin and insertion of the medial patellofemoral ligament: a systematic review of anatomy. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy 2016; https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-016-4272-1
31. Smith TO, Aboelmagd T, Hing CB, Macgregor A. Does bariatric surgery prior to total hip or knee replacement reduce post-operative complications and improve clinical outcomes for obese patients? Systematic review and meta-analysis. BJJ 2016;98B:1160-6
32. A Kuttapitiya, A Harrison, L Assi, D Christidis, V Ejindu, C Heron, F Howe, CB Hing, P Mitchell, S Bridle, N Sofat. Relation of synovitis, effusions, bone marrow lesions and cartilage damage to pain sensitization in people with knee osteoarthritis presenting for total knee replacement: an observational study. Annals of the rheumatic diseases 2015;74(2)
33. Aframian A, Boughton O, Auvinet E, Iranpour F, Harris S, Hing CB, Cobb JP. Patellofemoral pain is a symptom, not a diagnosis. BMJ 2015;351:h3939: doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmj.h3939
34. Little Z, MacMahon S, Smith TO, Hing CB. The management of segmental tibial shaft fractures, a systematic review. Injury 2016;47(3)568-73
35. Mahmoud SS, Smith TO, Pearse E, Hing CB. INSTRUCTIONAL REVIEW: Outcomes of total hip arthroplasty as a salvage procedure following failed internal fixation of intracapsular neck of femur fractures: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BJJ 2016;98B(4):452-60.
36. McNamara IR, Smith TO, Shepherd KL, Clark AB, Nielsen DM, Donell S, Hing CB. Surgical fixation methods for tibial plateau fractures. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2015, Issue 9. Art. No.: CD009679. DOI:10.1002/14651858.CD009679.pub2.
37. Smith TO, Donell S, Song F, Hing CB. Surgical versus non-surgical interventions for treating patellar dislocation. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2015, Issue 2. Art. No.: CD008106. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD008106.pub3
38. N Sofat, CB Hing. Pain Sensitisation in arthritis: cause or effect of chronic pain? International Journal of Clinical Rheumatology 2014;10(3):143-147
39. AJ Hills, A Clarke, CEA Hartmann, CB Hing. Emergency trauma theatre utilisation – the St George’s Hospital, London experience. Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation & Emergency Medicine 2014;22(Suppl 1):4
40. SE McMahon, J LeRoux, CB Hing. The management of the painful bipartite patella: a systematic review. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy 2015;
41. S Lazic, O Boughton, CB Hing, J Bernard. Arthroscopic washout of the knee: a procedure in decline. The Knee 2014;21:2:631-634
42. H Duke, CB Hing, TO Smith. Is there an association between increased navicular drop and low back pain. ScienceJet 2014;3:46
43. M Racy, S Al-Nammari, CB Hing. A survey of trauma database utilisation in England. Injury, 2014;45:3:624-628
44. M Sadeghi-Naini, TO Smith, J Gholami, CB Hing, M Abolghasemian. Pharmacological interventions for preventing and treating periprosthetic osteoporosis following total hip arthroplasty. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013(11)CD010812
45. TO Smith, CB Hing. Feasibility Studies: their importance in the design of clinical trials. Journal of the Physiotherapy Pain Association 2013;35:12-17
46. S Hosny, C Gademsetty, TO Smith, CB Hing. A systematic review and meta-analysis investigating the association between bone marrow lesions in people with osteoarthritis. Current Rheumatology Reviews 2013;9:3:146-157
47. TO Smith, T Meek, J Cross, CB Hing. The clinical effectiveness of magnets for people with osteoarthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Current Rheumatology Reviews 2013;9:3:184-193
48. TO Smith, L Davies, L McConnell, J Cross, CB Hing. Self-management programmes for people with osteoarthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Current Rheumatology Reviews 2013;9:3:165-175
49. TO Smith, L Davies, J Jepson, S Hosny, CB Hing. Activity pacing education for people with osteoarthritis: a systematic review of the current evidence-base. Current Rheumatology Reviews 2013:9:176-183
50. SE McMahon, TO Smith, K Raju, CB Hing. A meta-analysis and systematic review of randomised controlled trials comparing cognitive behavioural therapy to conventional treatment of osteoarthritis. Current Rheumatology Reviews 2013;9:3:158-164
51. SE McMahon, JA Leroux, TO Smith, CB Hing. Total joint arthroplasty following intra-articular steroid injection: a literature review. Acta Orthop Belg 2013;79:672-679
52. AJ Davis, TO Smith, CB Hing, N Sofat. Are bisphosphanates effective in the treatment of osteoarthritic pain? A meta-analysis and systematic review. PLoS ONE 8(9) 2013:e72714. Doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0072714
53. DM Rose, D Nielsen, TO Smith, CB Hing. Expandable intramedullary nails in lower limb trauma: a systematic review of clinical and radiological outcomes. Strategies in Trauma & Limb Reconstruction 2013;8:1:1-12
54. TO Smith, Davies L, CB Hing. A systematic review to determine the reliability of knee joint position sense assessment measures. The Knee 2013;20:3:162-169
55. TO Smith, M Simpson, V Ejindu, CB Hing. The diagnostic test accuracy of magnetic resonance arthrography and computed tomography in the detection of chondral lesions of the hip. European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology 2013;23:3:335-344
56. DM Rose, D Nielsen, TO Smith, CB Hing. Expandable nails for humeral fractures: a systematic review of clinical and radiological outcomes. European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology, 2013;23:1:1-11
57. TO Smith, JJ King, CB Hing. The effectiveness of proprioceptive-based exercise for osteoarthritis of the knee: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Rheumatology International 2012;32:11:3339-3351
58. SE McMahon, TO Smith, CB Hing. A systematic review of imaging modalities in the diagnosis of greater trochanteric pain syndrome. Musculoskeletal Care 2012;10:4:232-239
59. IR McNamara, CB Hing, TO Smith, AB Clark, DM Nielsen, S Donell. Surgical fixation methods for tibial plateau fractures, a protocol. The Cochrane Library 2012;3.
60. TO Smith, BT Drew, AP Toms, ST Donell, CB Hing. Accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging, magnetic resonance arthrography and computed tomography for the detection of chondral lesions of the knee. Knee Surgery Sports Traumatology Arthroscopy, 2012;2367-2379
61. TO Smith, K Gitsham, ST Donell, DM Rose, CB Hing. The potential dangers of medical devices with current cremation practices. European Geriatric Medicine, 2012;3:2:97-102
62. TO Smith, JJ King, CB Hing. A meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials comparing the clinical and radiological outcomes following minimally invasive to conventional exposure for total knee arthroplasty. The Knee 2012;19:1:1-7. doi:10.1016/j.knee.2010.12.001
63. TO Smith, HRW Daniell, J Geere, AP Toms, CB Hing. The diagnostic accuracy of MRI for the detection of partial- and full-thickness rotator cuff tears in adults. Magnetic Resonance Imaging, 2012;30:336-346
64. TO Smith, M Lewis, F Song, AP Toms, ST Donell, CB Hing. The diagnostic accuracy of anterior cruciate ligament rupture using magnetic resonance imaging: a meta-analysis. European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology, 2012;22:4:315-326
65. TO Smith, R Taylor R, CB Hing. Thromboprophylaxis following major skeletal trauma: a meta-analysis and systematic review of the evidence. European Journal of Trauma, 2011;37:5:479-490
66. TO Smith, D Sexton, P Mitchell, CB Hing. Opening- or closing-wedged high tibial osteotomy: a meta-analysis of clinical and radiological outcomes. The Knee, 2011;18:6:361-368
67. TO Smith, A Clark, CB Hing. Interventions for treating proximal fifth metatarsal fractures in adults: a meta-analysis of the current evidence base. Foot and Ankle Surgery, 2011;17:4:300-307
68. S McMahon, TO Smith, CB Hing. A meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials comparing conventional to minimally invasive approaches for the repair of an Achilles tendon rupture. Foot and Ankle Surgery 2011;17:4:211-217.
69. CB Hing, TO Smith, ST Donell, F Song. Surgical versus non-surgical interventions for treating patellar dislocation. Cochrane Review 2011;11:CD008106
70. R Belcher, CB Hing, D Boxer, L Thangaraj. The scanner: an unusual cause of hip pain. CME Geriatric Medicine 2011;13:2:67-68
71. TO Smith, T Back, AP Toms, CB Hing. The diagnostic accuracy of ultrasound for rotator cuff tear in adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Clinical Radiology, 2011;66:11:1036-1048
72. CB Hing, TO Smith, L Hooper, F Song, ST Donell. A review of how to conduct a surgical survey or questionnaire. The Knee 2011;18:4:209-213
73. TO Smith, H Daniell, CB Hing. Upper extremity deep vein thrombosis in orthopaedic and trauma surgery: a systematic review. European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, 2011;21:79-85
74. TO Smith, F Song, ST Donell, CB Hing. Operative versus non-operative management of patellar dislocation: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopy 2011;19:6:988
75. CB Hing, D Higgs, L Hooper, ST Donell, F Song. A survey of orthopaedic journal editors determining the criteria of manuscript selection for publication. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research, 2011;6:1:19
76. TO Smith, R Chester, Y Pearse, CB Hing. Operative versus non-operative management following Rockwood grade III acromioclavicular separation: A meta-analysis of the current evidence-base. Journal of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, 2011;12:19-27
77. TO Smith, V Blake, CB Hing. Minimally invasive versus conventional exposure for total hip arthroplasty: a systematic review and meta-analysis of clinical and radiological outcomes. International Orthopaedics 2011;35:173-184
78. TO Smith, L Davies, AP Toms, CB Hing, ST Donell. The reliability and validity of radiological assessment for patellar instability. A systematic review and meta-analysis. Skeletal Radiology, 2011;40:4:399-414
79. S Parekh-Bhurke, SC Kwok, C Pang, L Hooper, YK Loke, JJ Ryder, AJ Sutton, CB Hing, I Harvey, F Song. Uptake of methods to deal with publication bias in systematic reviews has increased over time, but there is still much scope for improvement. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology 2011;64(4):349-57
80. TO Smith, G Hilton, AP Toms, ST Donell, CB Hing. The diagnostic accuracy of acetabular labral tears using magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance arthrography: a meta-analysis. European Radiology, 2011;21:4:863-874
81. TO Smith, R Nichols, ST Donell, CB Hing. The clinical and radiological outcomes of hip resurfacing versus total hip arthroplasty: a meta-analysis and systematic review. Acta Orthopaedica 2010;81:6:684-695
82. TO Smith, L Davies, CB Hing. Wound closure in flexion versus extension following total knee arthroplasty: a systematic review. Acta Orthop. Belg. 2010;76:298-306
83. TO Smith, C Hedges, K Schankat, CB Hing. A systematic review of the clinical and radiological outcomes of LISS plating for proximal tibial fractures. European Journal Of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology 2010;20:141-150
84. TO Smith, F Ejtehadi, R Nichols, L Davies, ST Donell, CB Hing. Clinical and radiological outcomes of fixed- versus mobile-bearing total knee replacement: a meta-analysis. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy 2010;18:325-340
85. TO Smith, L Davies, CB Hing. Early versus delayed surgery for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy 2010;18:304-311
86. TO Smith, CB Hing. The efficacy of the tourniquet in foot and ankle surgery. A systematic review and meta-analysis. Foot and Ankle Surgery 2010;16:3-8.
87. TO Smith, T Amir, A Clark, CB Hing. Interventions for treating fifth metatarsal fractures in adults, a protocol. The Cochrane Library 2010
88. F Song, S Parekh, L Hooper, YK Loke, JJ Ryder, AJ Sutton, CB Hing, SC Kwok, C Pang, I Harvey. Health Technologies Assessment on publication bias. Health Technology Assessment 2010;14(8):1-220
89. TO Smith, CB Hing. Is a tourniquet beneficial in total knee replacement surgery? A meta-analysis and systematic review. The Knee 2010;17(2):141-7
90. F Song, S Parekh-Bhurke, L Hooper, YK Loke, JJ Ryder, AJ Sutton, CB Hing, I Harvey. Extent of publication bias in different categories of research cohorts: a meta-analysis of empirical studies. BMC Medical Research Methodology 2009;9(1):79
91. TO Smith, CB Hing, L Davies, ST Donell. Fixed versus mobile bearing unicompartmental knee replacement: a meta-analysis. Orthopaedics & Traumatology, Surgery & Research 2009;95:599-605
92. CB Hing, TO Smith ST Donell, F Song. Surgical versus non-surgical interventions for treating patellar instability, a protocol. The Cochrane Library 2009;4
93. SS Malik, S Azad, S Malik, CB Hing. Difficulty in diagnosing the pathological nature of an acute fracture of the clavicle: a case report. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research Editorial 2009;4(1):21.
94. TO Smith, CB Hing. Should tourniquets be used in upper limb surgery? A systematic review and meta-analysis. Acta Orthopaedica Belgica 2009,75:289-296.
95. TO Smith, CB Hing. A meta-analysis of tourniquet assisted arthroscopic knee surgery. The Knee 2009;16:317-321.
96. CB Hing, DL Back. A Review of Intellectual Property Rights in Biotechnology. The Surgeon, Journal of the Royal Colleges of Edinburgh and Ireland 2009;228-31.
97. CB Hing, DL Back, M Bailey, R Dalziel, D Young, A Shimmin. Five year results of primary Birmingham hip resurfacings, an independent prospective review of the first 230 hips. J Bone Jt Surg 2007;89B:11:1431-1438.
98. CB Hing, DL Back, M Bailey, R Dalziel, A Shimmin, D Young. Neck narrowing in resurfacing arthroplasty of the hip. A radiographic study. J Bone Jt Surg 2007;89B:8:1019-1024.
99. E Raleigh, CB Hing, R Price, A Hanusiewicz, SA Fletcher. Drain clamping in knee arthroplasty – a randomised controlled trial. ANZ Journal of Surgery 2007;77:333-335.
100. CB Hing, E Raleigh, M Bailey, N Shah, T Marshall, ST Donell, MM Glasgow. A prospective study of the diagnostic potential of the tunnel view radiograph. The Knee 2007;14:1:1-80.
101. CB Hing, DL Back, AJ Shimmin. Hip resurfacing: indications, results and conclusions. Instructional Course Lectures 2006;56:171-178 (ISBN 0892033932).
102. CB Hing, RJ Barton, ER Edwards. A unique case report of a tooth as a foreign body in a knee joint. Injury Extra 2006;37:4:141-142.
103. ST Donell, G Joseph, CB Hing, TJ Marshall. Modified Dejour trochleoplasty for severe dysplasia: operative technique and early clinical results. The Knee 2006;13:4:266-73.
104. CB Hing, L Shepstone, T Marshall, ST Donell. A laterally positioned concave trochlear groove prevents patellar dislocation. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research 2006;447:187-194.
105. CB Hing, A Boddy, D Griffin, P Edwards, P Gallagher. A radiological study of the intraprosthetic movements of the bipolar shoulder replacement in rheumatoid arthritis. Acta Orthopaedica Belgica 2005; 71:22-28.
106. CB Hing, RY Ball, JK Tucker. Autobanking of femoral heads for revision total hip replacement, a preliminary report of a new surgical technique. The Surgeon, Journal of the Royal Colleges of Edinburgh and Ireland 2004;2:1:37-41.
107. PJH Sloper, CB Hing, ST Donell, MM Glasgow. Intra-operative tibial plateau fracture during unicompartmental knee replacement. The Knee 2003;10(4):367-9
N Shah, CB Hing, JK Tucker, RJ Crawford. Infected compartment syndrome after acupuncture. Acupuncture in Medicine 2002;20(2-3):105-106.