Change your Appointment
Schedule or Change your Appointment with the NHS e-Referral Service
If you have been referred by your GP for an appointment into secondary care, you may be able to book your appointment with the NHS e-Referral Service. Most of our services are available via the NHS e-Referral Service. You can choose the date and time of your appointment and your GP may be able to schedule your hospital appointment before you leave the practice.
However, you do have the right to think about your choices and compare different options before you book your appointment online at a later stage. If you choose to do so, you will be given an appointment request letter that includes your Unique Booking Reference Number (UBRN), NHS Number, and a list of hospitals or clinics to choose from. You will be given a password as well, which will allow you to book your appointment via the NHS e-Referral Service, either over the phone using The Appointments Line (TAL) 0345 608 8888 or by logging in to the NHS e-Referral Service online
NHS e-Referral Service will also give you the ability to:
- plan and manage your appointments around any existing appointments if you are currently undergoing treatment.
- fit your treatment in with your other commitments, at home and at work.
- choose appointments that fit in with your carer’s schedule.
- check the status of your referral and change or cancel your appointments easily either over the phone or online.
Book online or login to change your e-RS appointment
or call the Telephone Appointments Line (TAL) on 0345 608 8888 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, excluding bank holidays
For more info on how to schedule, re-book, and cancel your appointments using the NHS e-Referral Service check out our Patient Guide to eRS
You can also use this form to change your appointment date and time, cancel your appointment or update your details. Please tick the boxes below that apply and the appropriate form will appear below.
- If your appointment is within the next 24 hours, please call us on 020 8725 0007.
- If your appointment is with the Moorfields Eye Clinic here and you need to cancel or re-arrange, click here or phone 020 8266 6334.
- If your appointment is for an X-ray or another type of scan (with our Diagnostics and Imaging department), please call 020 8725 3037 or 020 8725 0073.
- If you cannot make your Inpatients hospital admission date, or have any queries about your admission, please click here
- If you have booked patient transport please call the team to cancel on 020 8725 0808
* Questions with an asterisk are mandatory – you will not be able to submit this form without completing these fields.