St George’s Staff Appreciation Awards
On Thursday 15 March, St George’s Hospital Charity is hosting the first ever Staff Appreciation Awards to celebrate the excellent work of our staff.
Supported by the Pelican London Hotel & Residence and Yellow Brick Group, the special event will be held at Wandsworth Town Hall and will recognise staff from across the Trust’s hospital and community services.
We want our staff to nominate colleague/s for an award! The eight categories are:
- Team or employee who lives and breathes the Trust values – this category is for the team or employee that best represents any, or all, of the four Trust values of Excellent, Kind, Responsible and Respectful. Please let us know which value/s it is that you’re nominating the team or employee for in the nomination form
- Volunteer of the year – volunteers play a huge role at the Trust, giving up their time to help staff care for our patients. The volunteer of the year award is for the volunteer who you feel has been particularly exceptional over the last twelve months
- Team that provides Outstanding Care, Every Time – our aim is to provide Outstanding Care, Every Time to our patients. This award is for the team that best embodies this aim – and it can take whichever form you wish
- An employee who has gone above and beyond – the phrase ‘going above and beyond’ can apply to many of our staff, so this award will pay tribute to the person who has done exactly that! This could be for clinical or non-clinical staff. Whether it’s staying late into the night to make sure a patient can get home, working tirelessly to meet a particular patient’s needs or helping others meet important deadlines or priorities. We are looking for examples of people doing that extra bit for the communities we serve
- Engagement champion of the year – if you know a member of staff who is always keen to get involved with activities and projects inside and/or outside of their job, or is encouraging others to do the same, we want you to nominate them
- Inspirational leader – effective leadership is essential for any organisation. This category is for a manager or team leader who inspires you at work; the people who are inspirational, approachable and help you and your colleagues do your job well
- Unsung hero – the unsung hero category is aimed at anyone at the Trust whose work deserves acknowledgment, but they are yet to be recognised for it. This could be for clinical or non-clinical staff
- Lifesaver of the year – this category will be open to a public vote. Lots of our staff are lifesavers, but this award is for the member of staff that had a positive impact on someone’s life; for example, by performing or assisting in a life-saving intervention, transforming a patient’s life, or helping to make a patient’s life easier once they leave hospital. The panel of judges will decide on a short-list of three people, which will go out to a public vote from 5 February.
Nominations are open to staff until 5pm on Tuesday 23 January, and the winners will be chosen by a panel of staff representatives.