St George’s Nurse of the Year awards celebrate staff dedication
International Nurses’ Day was celebrated at St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust on Friday 11th May with the trust’s annual Nurse of the Year awards.
Awards presented include Nurse of the Year, Midwife of the Year, Healthcare Assistant of the Year and Mentor of the Year. All award nominations were put forward by fellow trust colleagues for their outstanding contribution over the last year.
The ‘Auntie Lucy’ award was also presented at this ceremony. This nursing education award of up to £1,000 is named in memory of former trust employee Lucy Kpobie, and presented to an individual or team at the trust.
Notes to editors
The award winners were as follows:
- Nurse of the Year winner: Stephanie Sweeney. Runner-up: Julia Farooq
- Midwife of the Year winner: Dianna Fairman-Campbell. Runner-up: Essette Tesfaye
- Healthcare Assistant of the Year winner: Paulina Trunkwalter (who was unable to attend and is not pictured). Runner-up: Sarah Brown
- Mentor of the Year winner: Lamis Korimbocus. Runner-up: Joanne Lewin
- ‘Auntie Lucy’ award: Presented to the paediatric pain management team
For more information, please contact the Communications Unit on 020 8725 5151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Outside working hours, please page us by calling 0844 822 2888, leaving a short message and contact details for pager SG548.