Revamped website for local health services
A website used by thousands of people every day to find out about health care at St George’s Hospital in Tooting has been revamped and redesigned to make it easier and simpler to understand.
The site provides:
- a full range of patient information, including details of what to bring with you when you come into hospital, information for visitors, and a detailed section on intensive care at St George’s
- details of how to get to St George’s, as well as the Bolingbroke Hospital and the Wolfson Neuro-rehabilitation Centre, and a detailed map of where particular buildings and services are on the St George’s site itself
- how to contact St George’s, via phone and email
- how to apply for jobs at St George’s, including a current vacancy list
- a new section of information for local GPs, including details of how to refer urgent patients
The aim of the revamp has been to provide quicker and easier access to more up to date information, and to provide a further means of keep in touch with our patients, practitioners and local community.
Tim Jones, Head of Communications at St George’s said:
“We know that a huge number of people use our website, and that the internet is becoming more and more important as a source of information about health and the NHS.
“So we wanted to do as much as we could to make the St George’s website accessible and up to date. For instance, not only does the new site have maps so people can find us more easily, it has a map of how to find all the different buildings and parts on the St George’s site – which we know can be a source of frustration for patients and visitors.
“Over the next few months we will be making further improvements – especially in setting out the details of all the services we provide and the community we are here to serve.”
Notes to editors
1. For further information please contact Daniel Pople on 0208 725 5151 or Tim Jones on 0208 725 2717.
2. The Trust’s new website also includes the Trust’s latest press releases, publications, and full contact details for media inquiries.