Research and Education
The urology department takes an active role in local as well as national clinical research. Our work is published in world-class medical journals and presented in international meetings. We work in close collaboration with the Research Department and we have recruited for several randomised controlled trials which include:
- MASTER trial for surgical management of urinary incontinence following prostatectomy
- UPSTREAM trial for the role of urodynamic studies before prostate surgery
- SUSPEND trial for medical management of ureteric stones
- TISU trial for management for ureteric stones
- STAMPEDE trial for prostate cancer
- HYMN trial for intravesical chemotherapy for bladder cancer
- OPEN trial for management of urethral stricture disease
We are involved with the education of medical students, Foundation Programme doctors, Core Surgical Trainees and Specialty trainees. South London Urology specialty trainees spend 12 months in the department where they build their knowledge and operative experience in general urology as well as the several subspecialty fields available.
We recruit junior fellows (registrar-grade) who are involved with research projects alongside their clinical practice. These positions are popular amongst doctors that have completed core surgical training and are interested in following a career in Urology.
Senior fellows (post Completion of Training) from the UK or abroad can gain operative experience in robotic surgery, endourology or andrology.
For more information on fellowships, please contact Mr Davendra Sharma (firstname.lastname@example.org).