Dr Mark Edsell
Secretary: Anaesthetic department
Secretary telephone: 020 8725 0051
- Cardiothoracic anaesthesia
- Cardiothoracic intensive care medicine
- Transoesophageal echocardiography
Dr Mark Edsell is a consultant anaesthetist with a special interest in cardiothoracic anaesthesia.
Dr Edsell qualified from Birmingham in 1997. He undertook post-graduate training in anaesthesia in London and subspeciality training in Melbourne and London.
His research interests include hypoxia, cerebral perfusion and high altitude physiology. He was involved in both 2007 Xtreme Everest and 2010 Xtreme alps medical research projects.
- Fellow: Royal College of Anaesthetists
- Fellow: Faculty of Anaesthesia - Royal College of Surgeons (Ireland)
- Fellow: Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
- BSE accredited specialist in transeosophageal echocardiology
- Diploma in Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine