Our Quality Improvement Plan
Over one million patients in south west London and beyond rely on the services we provide at St George’s each year.
With over 9,000 dedicated staff, we are the largest healthcare provider, major teaching hospital and tertiary care centre for south west London, Surrey and beyond.
Our ultimate aim at St George’s is to provide Outstanding Care, Every Time for each of our patients, wherever they are treated. This means:
- Every patient receives safe and outstanding care
- The right patient is seen in the right place at the right time, every time
- Staff say “I’m proud to work at St Georges’
- All staff – wherever they work – can shine and contribute to our future.
How we will deliver Outstanding Care, Every Time?
We have agreed six organisational objectives to help us deliver Outstanding Care, Every Time.
Our refreshed Quality Improvement plan will also support this ambition. The plan is made up of three improvement programmes which are designed to provide:
- Safe & Effective care: to consistently deliver the fundamentals of patient care and ensure that improvements we are make are sustained in the long term
- Flow & Clinical Transformation: to make the process and operational changes to improve the flow of patients along their care pathway, from arrival through to discharge
- Quality & Risk: to ensure we handle risk effectively across the organisation through systems and processes that are used and understood by our staff
These are supported by two enabling programmes:
- Estates and Information Technology:improve our systems and environment so that we are making what’s right for patients the easiest thing for staff to do
- Leadership and Engagement: ensure our current and future leaders are supported and developed to deliver high quality, compassionate care, and that we engage with our staff who know our services best
Our dedicated staff, who aim to do the best for patients every day, understand our services better than anyone. They will lead the programmes of work detailed above, and our in our plan.
The plan, and additional resources
You can access an electronic copy of our full Quality Improvement Plan here
We have also produced a range of additional resources which you can access here, including:
A video message from Jacqueline Totterdell, Chief Executive:
A short one minute animation about the plan, and what we are trying to achieve:
Short interviews with staff about what Outstanding Care, Every Time means to them:
Further information, and updates on progress
We will publish regular updates about progress with our Quality Improvement Plan on our website, Facebook and Twitter.
We will also publish updates in our stakeholder bulletin, which is distributed via email every month.
If you would like to be added to the mailing list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. or telephone 020 8266 6128.