Welcome from Doris Jackman, Head of Nursing Newborn Services, Neonatal Unit
Thank you for visiting our careers pages. The Neonatal Unit at St George’s is a very special place to work – welcoming, exciting, challenging, and inspiring. We also have a good reputation for delivering high standards of care.
Please just don’t take my word for it though. Have a look at what our fantastic, friendly nursing team have to say too. Whether they have been here 30+ years or just three months, our nurses are supported, encouraged to learn and develop new skills, and work within a genuine and holistic team of doctors, allied health professionals and administrative staff in the department, and across the Trust.
Most importantly, we work in partnership with parents and their families and are committed to delivering a high quality service. The unit cares for around 650 babies per year and also provides a community follow-up service. No family or baby is the same and we are dedicated to making their experience as good as it possibly can be at what is always an incredibly difficult time.
I am very proud of the commitment, passion and professionalism our nurses show day in, day out. Everyone makes a real contribution to our drive for continuous improvement. Please come and join us. As our nurses highlight, there are many great reasons to become part of the team, including:
- Comprehensive Induction Programme
- Structured Band 5 Development Programme
- Fully funded post-graduate Neonatal course
- A wide variety of experience and expertise with ongoing formal training, mentoring and learning opportunities – ranging from courses to consultants who share their knowledge and are always open and supportive
- Friendly, supportive environment in a busy, large London Acute Trust – the home of ’24 hours in A&E’
- Clear career progression routes from Band 5 to Band 8 Advanced Neonatal Nurse Practitioners
- Salary including Inner London Weighting
You can find out more about current Band 5 opportunities and apply now at NHS Jobs www.jobs.nhs.uk – Job Reference: 200-NNU-OPEN-DAY).
If you are a senior nurse considering a management role in a challenging and hugely rewarding setting where you will have the opportunity to take on significant responsibilities and help shape our future, we are recruiting for a Clinical Lead Nurse (Band 8a) and an Advanced Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (Band 8a).
Thank you again for taking the time to find out more about the Neonatal Unit at St George’s – it’s a great place to work and you will be made very welcome.