Offender Healthcare – HMP Wandsworth
Getting the balance right behind bars is what it’s all about for trust staff working at HMP Wandsworth. The Offender Healthcare Service at HMP Wandsworth – run in partnership by two leading London NHS Foundation Trusts – is growing, as the prison becomes largely a remand prison. As a ‘Reform Prison’, HMP Wandsworth is putting physical and mental health right at the forefront of rehabilitation. It’s a challenging, but rewarding environment – where you will make a difference every day. We have a variety of nursing, medical, pharmacy and support roles.
- An environment that will enable you to develop and broaden your clinical portfolio.
- Care for patients with complex care needs, dependencies and mental health issues.
- Support in your career development and training.
- Mentoring and clinical supervision to support you in your work.
- Opportunities to work across organisational boundaries within an extended multidisciplinary team.
- Free access to the gym and free parking
- Outstanding career progression opportunities.
To see our current vacancies click here.
In addition to normal recruitment compliance checks, successful applicants will need to undertake prison vetting checks.
Can’t see what you want and would like to find out more?
The Offender Healthcare Service employs a wide range of staff who are either employed by St George’s, or SLAM (South London and Maudsley Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust) with a single overarching general manager which is in keeping with our model of integration and joined-up working.
If you are thinking about applying to work in healthcare services at HMPW, why not contact us and speak first hand to offender healthcare staff .
- For primary care substance misuse nursing and healthcare assistant posts: contact Allison Hempstead, Matron for Primary care and substance misuse nursing – Allison.firstname.lastname@example.org
- For GP work: contact Jo Darrow, General Manger and Head of Offender Healthcare – email@example.com
- For Pharmacist and pharmacy technician posts contact: Murray Wyke-Joseph – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For posts with SLAM please contact Tracey Lewis, Service Manager for Mental Health – Tracey.Lewis@slam.nhs.uk