Do you want to help children make the best start in life? Are you passionate about health promotion? Are you looking for a well supported working environment in which you can develop your clinical and leadership skills? Are you interested in working in an area that offers cultural variety and a broad clinical portfolio? Then come and join our school nursing teams here in Wandsworth.
We are recruiting for band 5 school nursing and band 6 specialist practitioner roles.
To see our current vacancies click here.
In Wandsworth the School Nursing Service follows the national 4-5-6 approach in the Healthy Child Programme. Our overall service principles are;
- Using FHNA to assess client need.
- Focus on the child
- Ensure the voice of the child is heard
- Wherever possible services to be provided in schools or family homes.
- Early help – get in early, assess and act
- Universal plus and partnership plus families are prioritised for support and intervention
- Partnership working
- Continuity of care. Whenever possible the same School Nurse will carry out the key contacts for all children but especially those assessed as requiring universal plus/ partnership plus levels of service.
- Linked School Nurse for every school – active participation and engagement.
- Where possible co-location and working across the range of services to bring the unique health perspective to multi-agency thinking and planning with families
- A highly skilled and professional workforce with up to date mandatory training and service specific development training.
School Nursing services are configured into small geographical clusters in the Balham, Battersea and Roehampton areas to facilitate joint working with partners in schools, Early Years Services, Early help , Youth services and the safeguarding team.
- Support to undertake the training and development you need to do the job.
- Newly qualified preceptorship programme
- Opportunities to train and mentor students.
- 4-6 weekly management / development supervision, with annual appraisals and 3 monthly safeguarding supervision,with ad hoc supervision /support available when required.
Can’t see what you’re looking for and want to know more? Email firstname.lastname@example.org