Changes to St George’s Audiology Services in response to Covid-19 pandemic
On this page:
St George’s Hospital Audiology
In light of Covid-19 pandemic, there is an alteration in the way we provide the service to our users. The Trust is currently working towards offering routine appointments with consideration of local and national infection control and prevention guidance. This is the situation nationally. We are working hard towards restarting routine appointments as soon as possible. Many thanks for your patience during this time.
Currently the audiology department is closed for non-urgent appointments.
The audiology department is only seeing urgent patients at this time and only if it has been pre-arranged with our team. Under no circumstances will we be able to tend to walk-in queries or requests to be seen.
Booked audiology and audiovestibular appointments:
We are carrying out as many remote consultations (via telephone or video) as possible to minimise the need for you to attend appointments in-person. We are contacting patients at their designated appointment times to perform remote consultations. Please be aware, due to unforeseen circumstances, there may be a slight delay in us contacting you on the day. Please do not attend in-person for any of the booked appointments, unless you are advised to.
Face-to-face audiology and audiovestibular appointments:
We are seeing only urgent appointments for face-to-face consultation. If you arrive for a pre-arranged face to face appointment, we understand that you may have concerns about attending your appointment in the hospital. We have taken number of measures as below to keep you and our staff safe.
If you need to attend the appointment:
- We will maintain safe distancing where ever possible. For certain procedures, this may not be possible. So we will adopt other measures to mitigate the risk (e.g. wearing mask, apron and gloves).
- We will be wearing face mask and we will need you to wear face mask/covering as well throughout your appointment. Please bring along your own mask if possible. We are awaiting supply of clear facemasks for people who rely on lip-reading.
- We request that you arrive early for your appointment (at least 10 minutes before your appointment time). If you arrive late, we may not be able to see you and we may need to re-arrange your appointment.
- We advise that you come on your own to the appointment. If you need a carer or if the patient is a child, please ensure only one person accompanies patient / child. We can arrange a telephone or video call with significant other (such as the other parent) if required.
- We have reduced number of patients we see in the clinic. We have reduced number of seating places in the waiting area. This way we will be able to keep safe distancing in the waiting area.
- We carry out extra cleaning of Clinic rooms between appointments.
If your appointment is at Audiology Clinic, Trevelyan House, please call the following number to be let inside Audiology clinic at Trevelyan House Surgery (address as below):
Landline: 020 8725 1151
Mobile: 07517 493 103
We are not able to carry out hearing tests on new or existing patients unless deemed urgent by a medical professional. If you feel that your hearing has suddenly deteriorated (over a period of 3 days or less), please attend A&E as this is considered a medical emergency. Routine hearing tests will resume when safe to do so in accordance with national and Trust guidance.
Hearing aid batteries:
If you require batteries, please request by email on email@example.com or by phone on 0208 725 1151 / 07517 493 103.
Hearing aid repairs:
Postal service: Please post your hearing aid(s) to the address below and we will post your repaired aids back to you*
Audiology clinic, First Floor, Trevelyan House, 160 Tooting High St, Tooting, London SW17 0RT
Drop-off service: You can drop your hearing aid(s) off*. Please call 020 8725 1151 or 07517 493 103 upon arrival and we will receive the hearing aid from you at the door at Audiology clinic, Trevelyan House Surgery. We will post the aid(s) back.
Drop and wait service: You can make an appointment to drop your hearing aid(s) off* and wait for it to be repaired. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8725 1151 / 07517 493 103 to make an appointment. You will not be seen face to face and we will not be able to allow you into the building.
*Please attach your name, date of birth, your contact number and details of the problem for all hearing aids dropped off/sent in for repair.
If you are waiting for an appointment to be sent to you:
We thank you for your patience. We are working hard to reduce the impact that the pandemic will have on our waiting times but we do expect that patients may be waiting longer. If you are concerned, please contact us by phone or email and we can review your personal details to ensure that you are on the correct waiting list.