Audiology and Audiovestibular Medicine
On this page:
The audiology and audiovestibular medicine team deals with the diagnosis and management of hearing (auditory) and balance (vestibular) disorders.
Since it was established in 1986, the department has become a reputable, highly specialist third tier service, responsible for all aspects of audiovestibular medicine for persons of all ages. The department provides a full range of state of the art diagnostic auditory and electrophysiological services supporting its various clinical activities. It also offers extensive rehabilitation options including a range of amplification solutions, hearing therapy and vestibular physiotherapy.
These activities are peer reviewed and audited and comply to national and international guidance.
The team consists of doctors, audiologists, a vestibular scientist, medical physicists, hearing therapists and physiotherapists working within a multidisciplinary environment. Services are provided at St George’s hospital as well as at nursing homes, schools and health centres and consist of consultant-led as well as non-consultant-led services.
The following services are offered:
Enter your postcode into the box above for directions
No routes found The location entered couldn't be found, please check for typo or try a broader search.
Technical error There's been a problem with the Google Map. Please email the communications team and let them know.
Trevelyan House Surgery:
The main department is Trevelyan House Surgery. Adult and paediatric appointments are offered here on an appointment-basis. There is lift access to this clinic. Your appointment letter will indicate which clinic you need to attend.
160 Tooting High Street
St George’s Hospital:
Adult hearing aid-related, paediatric & diagnostic appointments are offered on an appointment-basis. The department in Lanesborough Wing has a children’s play area as well as baby changing facilities.
St George’s Hospital
St John’s Therapy Centre:
Adult hearing aid-related appointments are offered on an appointment-basis.
162 St John's Hill
Tooting Health Centre:
Paediatric and adult appointments are offered here on an appointment-basis.
63 Bevill Allen Close
- The department is accredited to provide training for student audiologists in audiology.
- We also co-lead on regional peer review groups to ensure high quality paediatric services across the region.
- Dhaval Mehta, Advanced Audiologist, was awarded national audiologist of the year 2013 by the British Academy of Audiology for providing excellent patient care.
- Beth-Anne Culhane, Advanced Audiologist and Hearing Therapist, is the vice chair on the British Tinnitus Association’s professional advisory committee.
- Specialist Audiologist Kerry Downes is involved with Sound Seekers, a charity who helps deaf people, especially children, in the poorest communites in the world access services. She has lectured on paediatric audiology in Sierra Leone.
- The service was also awarded a service excellence award in 2004 by St George’s NHS Trust.