Child health records
On this page:
The Child Health Records Department forms part of the Children and families service directorate. The department is responsible for registration, recording and dissemination of an extensive range of child health information to internal and external Health Care professionals.
What we offer:
- Emergency point of contact for Birth Units and private midwives requiring an NHS number for newborns.
- Point of contact for Birth Units wishing to report a new birth.
- Supporting delivery of the National Screening programme.
- Provide data for Public Health statutory returns
- Respond to GP and parent requests for immunisation information.
- Respond to request from Social Services and A&E departments for children in need.
- Maintain an archive for children no longer believed to be living in Wandsworth.
- Secure transfer of records to other child health services.
- Enable health professionals to access up-to-date information on children.
- Provide a main point of contact for issues relating to child health data.
Child Health Records
86-88 Garratt Lane
Tel: 0208 812 5077
Fax: 0208 812 5030
The service is provided from 9.00am - 5.00pm 52 weeks per year excluding bank holidays
The Child Health department is primarily an administrative function.
The team consists of admin officers led by the Child Health Records manager Ann-Marie compton-George and two team leaders, Paula Adaway and Shoshana Nangle.
Newborns: Birth Notification via .net account or fax
Movers in: Child Health records received via post from other Child Health departments.
GP surgeries should inform their Health Visitors of new registrations.