Miss Carol Tan
Secretary: Monika Wint
Secretary email: email@example.com
Secretary telephone: 020 8725 3287
Miss Carol Tan is a consultant thoracic surgeon who specialises in the surgical treatment of lung cancers, mesothelioma and mediastinal tumours.
She has a particular interest in minimally invasive surgery, chest wall resection and reconstruction, surgery for pectus deformity, lung volume reduction surgery, pleural disease, clinical trials and research.
Miss Tan qualified from the University of Bristol in 1997. Following the completion of basic surgical training she went to train in cardiothoracic surgery at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital, and the Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals.
Her training and research was predominantly focused on thoracic surgery and she was heavily involved in the UK multi centre MARS (Mesothelioma and Radical Surgery) trial.
Miss Tan was appointed consultant thoracic surgeon at St George's Hospital in 2009.
- Member: Royal College of Surgeons (2001)
- Fellow: Royal College of Surgeons (2008)
- Awarded SCTS (Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery in Great Britain and Ireland) Scholarship for Thoracic Surgery (2009)
- Member: Society Cardiothoracic Surgery in Great Britain and Ireland
- Member: European Society of Thoracic Surgeons