Dr Sue Wright
Telephone: 0208 725 3122
Secretary: Anaesthetics Department
Secretary telephone: 0208 725 3122
- Cardiothoracic Anaesthesia
- Transoesophageal Echocardiography
- Echo teaching and echo simulator development
Sue Wright graduated in medicine from the University of London in 1984. She trained in anaesthesia in London, South Africa and the USA and in 1995 was appointed as a consultant anaesthetist at UCL Hospitals. There she held several anaesthetic leadership roles and established a transoesophageal echo training programme. She led a project to develop an echocardiography simulator and has remained deeply involved in echocardiography education since.
In 2015 she moved to St. George’s Hospital. Here she continues to pursue her interests in cardiothoracic anaesthesia and education, centred on intraoperative TOE, focused intensive care echo and lung ultrasound. She co-led the establishment of the critical care POCUS (Point of Care Ultrasound) service at St George’s during the pandemic.
Sue also has an interest in structural interventional cardiology and is the anaesthetic lead for the cardiac catheter labs.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Anaesthetists
- Fellow of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
- European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging Accreditation in Transoesophageal Echocardiography