Dr Farhad B. Naini
Secretary: Elizabeth King
Secretary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary telephone: 020 8725 1629
Dr Naini was appointed as Consultant Orthodontist at Kingston and St George’s University NHS Hospitals in 2004. He is Clinical Lead for Maxillofacial Surgery and Dentistry at Kingston Hospital, and Director of Research in dentistry at Kingston and St George’s Hospitals.
Dr Naini qualified from Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals in 1995. He trained at Manchester Dental Hospital and The Norman Rowe Maxillofacial Unit at Queen Mary’s Hospital. His Specialist Registrar training in Orthodontics was at The Royal London Hospital and his subsequent Senior Registrar training was at the Eastman Dental Hospital (University College London). He obtained his Master of Science (MSc) from the University of London, Intercollegiate Membership and Fellowship of the Royal Surgical Colleges in Orthodontics, and Doctorate (PhD) from King’s College London. He has been awarded the Fellowship in Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh for ‘services to dentistry’.
Dr Naini has given keynote presentations, both nationally and internationally, to dentists, orthodontists, oral and maxillofacial surgeons, ear, nose and throat (facial plastic) surgeons, and plastic, reconstructive and craniofacial surgeons. He has a professional teaching qualification in higher education and is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. He has supervised numerous postgraduate research projects at Master’s (MSc) level, and at Doctorate (PhD) level.
Dr Naini has over 120 publications in peer-reviewed journals and over 50 book chapters. He is co-editor of the textbook ‘Orthodontics: Principles and Practice’, co-editor of the 61 chapter, 95-author tome ‘Orthognathic Surgery: Principles, Planning and Practice’, co-editor of the textbook ‘Preadjusted Edgewise Fixed Orthodontic Appliances: Principles and Practice’, and author of the reference textbook, ‘Facial Aesthetics: Concepts and Clinical Diagnosis’.
• Facial and dental aesthetic analysis
• Orthognathic surgery
• Management of dentofacial and craniofacial deformities
• Orthodontics in patients with special needs
• Complex orthodontics and dentofacial orthopaedics
• Sleep apnoea
• Fellow: Royal College of Surgeons of England
• Fellow: Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
• Fellow: Royal Society of Medicine
• Member: British Orthodontic Society
• Member: European Orthodontic Society
• Member: Dental Defence Union
• Fellow: Higher Education Academy
• Intercollegiate Specialty (Exit) Fellowship Examination in Orthodontics (2003) – highest marks nationally
• Examiner – University of London
• Examiner – Royal College of Surgeons (England)