Dr Farhad B. Naini
Secretary: Liz King
Secretary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary telephone: 020 8725 1629
Dr Naini is a consultant orthodontist at St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. He has a clinical interest in facial and dental aesthetics, orthognathic surgery, complex orthodontics and dentofacial orthopaedics, management of dentofacial and craniofacial deformities, management of cleft and craniofacial deformities and sleep apnoea.
Dr Naini qualified from Guy's Hospital in 1995. He trained at Manchester Dental Hospital, The Norman Rowe Maxillofacial Unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, The Royal London Hospital and the Eastman Dental Hospital (University College London).
He was appointed as a consultant in orthodontics at St George's and Kingston Hospitals in 2004 where he is now the Director of Research in dentistry and appointed honorary senior lecturer at St George's University of London in 2009.
Dr Naini has given keynote presentations both nationally and internationally to dentists, orthodontists, maxillofacial surgeons, plastic and reconstructive surgeons, and ear, nose and throat surgeons. He has a professional teaching qualification in higher education and is a Fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy.
He has supervised a number of master's research projects and has over 85 publications in peer reviewed journals, and 31 book chapters. He is co-editor of the textbook: 'Orthodontics: Principles and Practice', editor of the 61-chapter tome: 'Orthognathic Surgery: Principles, Planning and Practice' and author of the reference textbook: 'Facial Aesthetics: Concepts and Clinical Diagnosis'.
- Fellow: Royal College of Surgeons (England)
- Fellow: Royal Society of Medicine
- Member: British Orthodontic Society
- Member: European Orthodontic Society
- Member: American Association of Orthodontics
- Fellow: World Federation of Orthodontics
- Member: Dental Defence Union
- Fellow: Higher Education Academy
- Intercollegiate Specialty (Exit) Fellowship Examination in Orthodontics (2003) - highest marks nationally
- Examiner - University of London
- Examiner - Royal College of Surgeons (England)