1. Medical HR Contacts (2nd Floor Grosvenor Wing – Rooms 2.069 and 2.071):
All other doctors: firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Appraisal and Revalidation: email@example.com
Junior Doctors Hours Monitoring: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payday – last working day of each month (so may need to amend standing orders and direct debits accordingly).
You will be given online access to your payslip. Please ensure that you save/print your payslips as you will not be able to access once you leave and payroll are likely to charge an administration fee to provide copies.
If you have not already received your contract and do not receive at induction, you will receive by email within 8 weeks of your start date.
4. Annual Leave requests/Service related matters:
You should receive information about this at your local induction, otherwise please contact your Service Manager in the first instance.
5. Staff Benefits:
- Intranet – Units and Departments – Human Resources and Organisational Development – Employee Benefits
- Childcare Co-ordinator – Alicia Erauncetamurguil – email@example.com
- Cycle to Work Please note that application goes to Finance based in Jasmin Annexe NOT Bronte Annexe as on the application form.
6. Medical Appraisal and Revalidation:
Revalidation is an evaluation of your fitness to practise based on your annual whole practice appraisal (ARCP for Doctors in Training), information from systems of clinical governance and a five yearly revalidation recommendation from your Responsible Officer.
The GMC have published guidance for doctors on the requirements for revalidation and maintaining your licence. It is advised that you read this guidance as it lays out your legal obligations in relation to revalidation https://www.gmc-uk.org/-/media/documents/revalidation-guidance-for-doctors_pdf-54232703.pdf
Designated Body and Responsible Officer (RO) information
- You can update your designated body details if applicable via your GMC online account (you can also see when your revalidation submission is due)
- Updating your designated body details is the best way of alerting your designated body to you – don’t assume they know otherwise!
- Trust recruited Doctors/Clinical Fellows (unless approved OOP)/SAS/Consultants –Designated Body is the organisation employing you i.e. St George’s, RO is Ms Karen Daly, Associate Medical Director
- Trainees – Designated Body is your LETB (likely to be Health Education South London , RO is Dr Geeta Menon for most trainees or Health Education Kent, Surrey and Sussex, RO is Dr Alex Dewhurst for Foundation doctors)
- If in doubt – please contact Nicola, Revalidation Support Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org x3261