Human rights committee
The Diversity and Human Rights Committee at St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is a sub committee of the Trust Executive Board, which forms part of the management structure of the hospital.
The Committee is chaired by the Trust’s Director of Operations and helps to make sure that Equality and diversity is at the centre of management decisions and plans.
The Committee also monitors our progress towards achieving our vision of ensuring equality, diversity and fairness for all.
Equality and fairness for all
As a hospital and as an employer, we believe everyone is entitled to a reasonable level of concern and respect regardless of their age, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, religion or sexuality.
But equality does not result from treating everyone the same. Instead, equality comes from challenging inequality and ensuring a positive response to the diversity of interests and the needs of individuals.
The following are the values we embrace in order to achieve equality and fairness for all:
- Treat all people with respect and dignity
- Deliver care in partnership with others
- Continually strive for clinical excellence
- Ensure probity and transparency in spending public money
- Be an exemplary employer
- Be committed to excellence in education, training and research
- Be open and honest with each other and those outside the organisation