Become a member
Foundation Trusts are membership organisations. We invite anyone who is aged 14 and older, who has an interest in or connection to the trust to become a member of St George’s.
It’s easy to become a member – you can sign up by:
- Completing our online form
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling 020 8266 6132
- Call into the membership office on the ground floor of Grosvenor Wing
- complete a membership form which can be found at our reception areas
Becoming a member is completely free and demonstrates that you:
- Support us
- Believe in our values (Kind, Excellent, Responsible, Respectful)
- Care about the services we provide
- Want to hear more from us and celebrate our success
- Receive regular news and information from the trust
- Receive invitations to exclusive events and seminars
- Be entitled to vote for and elect the Council of Governors
- Be able to stand for election to the Council of Governors
We have a membership which is both representative of our diverse local community and which reflects the needs of our specialist patients from outside our immediate catchment area. Our membership includes patients, local residents and other members of the public, as well as our staff.
We already have over 20,000 members. More than 12,500 of these are members of the public, with the rest being members of staff. Our members can stand as a Governor and/or vote in our Governor elections for the Council of Governors, who will engage with the membership and represent members’ views as they advise our Board of Directors. The Council of Governors are made up of a majority of 15 public Governors elected by the membership, as well as 5 elected staff Governors and 8 appointed Governors from among our stakeholders.